Brian Laundrie remains: A month after Brian Laundrie was reported missing after heading to the vast Carlton Reserve park, some human remains were found on 20 October in a Florida wilderness park, according to the FBI and a Laundrie family attorney. Laundrie's parents also took part in the search operation.
Here are 10 things you should know about the case
- Attorney Steven Bertolino said in a text to The Associated Press that some articles belonging to Brian were found in a Florida wilderness park.
- The law enforcement is now conducting a more thorough investigation of that area, as per a report.
- "An FBI Evidence Response team is processing the scene. The reserve is closed to the public and no further details are available at this time," the statement said.
- It all started after the the disappearance and alleged death of American vlogger Gabby Petito. Three days after she was reported missing on September 11, her boyfriend Laundrie too went missing.
- A search was initiated that involved officials from the Federal Bureau of Investigation (FBI) around the states of Wyoming and Florida.
- Petito and Laundrie were engaged and had to be married. They had left New York in June this year on a four-month-long cross-country trip around the US.
- Laundrie returned home to Florida on September 1. He was alone. This raised suspicion over the whereabouts of Petito.
- On September 11, Petito’s family filed a missing complaint.
- On September 14, Laundrie left his home. He told his parents that he was going for a hike near Florida’s Carlton Reserve. He had been missing ever since.
- The Federal Bureau of Investigation had also issued an arrest warrant against him. This was in connection with an alleged debit card fraud. Read more about it here.