Veteran tv actor Shagufta Ali recently revealed that she has been facing a hard time in her life. She is dealing with financial crisis and needs help to deal with medical issues. Reportedly, she was detected with stage three breast cancer a few years back but emerged as a survivor.
She met a few accidents on sets and had to get operated. After Ali was diagnosed with diabetes, her health deteriorated. Shagufta Ali says she is suffering from numbness and difficult pains. The high blood sugar level has harmed her eyes and she needs proper medical aid. At present, the 54 year old actor is struggling to get work and is seeking financial help.
Who is Shagufta Ali? 5 things we know about the actor
- Shagufta Ali is an Indian actor who appears in films and daily soaps. She is best known for her roles in Punar Vivah, Ek Veer Ki Ardaas…Veera, Sasural Simar Ka and Saath Nibhana Saathiya. In 2018, she appeared in the soap opera Bepannaah. Her popular works also include the serials Sanjivani: A Medical Boon, Zaara, Madhubala-Ek Ishq Ek Junoon etc and the movies Isi Life Mein, International Khiladi, Laila Majnu etc.
- Talking about her role in Sasural Simar Ka, the actor said to E Times, Times of India that the character narrated to her was a little different. But she has been lucky to get characters is dramas and comedies that are still remembered. However, adding to that, she called working in serials, “gadha mazdoori“.
- She started working at the age of 17 to take care of her family. Her father had to undergo a heart surgery in London and at that time, actor Dilip Kumar had taken him there for the treatment. He bore all the expenses 38 years ago. It was around Rs. 6 lakhs. “My mother and I are too indebted to him. He did us a big favour,” she said to Times of India.
- In the last four years, she received less work, so she had to sell off her car and jewellery to manage expenses. In the first few years, she handled things but in the last one year, she exhausted all her savings and things became very difficult for her. She did not want to ask for help initially so she decided to sell whatever she had. The Kaanoon Apna Apna actor felt that everything would get back to normal once she got work. But things went from bad to worse due to the pandemic.
- Despite suffering from health issues, Ali continued to work because her family needed her help. After surgery for breast cancer, she flew to Dubai for shoot holding a cushion against her chest as the stitches were not removed at that moment. Moreover, she was not allowed to travel at that time. Her doctor clearly stated that she would be doing it at her own risk.
Image source: Times of India
Why is everyone trolling Mandira Bedi for her presence on her husband’s funeral?
India has regressive rituals weddings – you agree?