Who is Neha Bhasin: Known for her playback songs in Bollywood, Tollywood and Kollywood, singer-songwriter, has contributed various hit songs to the genre of Indian pop.
She rose to fame after lending her voice to popular Bollywood songs. Being the recipient of Filmfare and Stardust awards, Some of her best playback works include Kuch Khaas Hain (Fashion), Dhunki (Mere Brother Ki Dulhan), Jag Ghoomeya (Sultan).
Currently, she is a contestant in the reality show Bigg Boss OTT. Off late, she has been grabbing eyeballs since she kissed actress Ridhima Pandit’s lips, during a task in the show.
Here’s everything you need to know about Neha Bhasin:
- The singer was born in Delhi on November 18 1982. She cleared the auditions for Coke [V] Popstars in 2002 and formed the first all-girl band in India – Viva, along with four other girls.
- After the disintegration of her band, she went off to pursue a career in Bollywood and Tamil music industries. She earned recognition in Bollywood through Kuch Khas Hain, which led to her first Filmfare nomination in 2008.
- She has been married to music composer Sameer Uddin for five years. While speaking to a daily, she had mentioned that she wanted to give the entire credit of her latest song Oot Patangi to her husband, who has composed the song and its writer, Sahar Quaze.
- In an interview, she had stated that she is a huge fan of music director and singer Mithoon’s work. She further added that she was extremely glad to work with him on the song Awari from Shab.
- She reportedly said that her stay in the Bigg Boss House is a ‘nightmare’ as she has been more accustomed to a luxurious lifestyle over the years.
- In the show, she had revealed that her father had passed away 40 days after being diagnosed with third stage cancer.
- The Instagram bio of her account reads, “Currently killing it on BBOTT.”
- A snippet of the scene where she’s kissing her fellow contestant Ridhima Pandey has been shared in the account as well with the caption, “#Neha Bhasin giving the much required OTT twist to the task.”