Who is Mallika Sukumaran? Actor Prithviraj Sukumaran is directing the Malayalam movie Bro Daddy starring his mother Mallika Sukumaran and actor Mohanlal. The movie is produced by Antony Perumbavoor and written by Sreejith N and Bibin Maliekal. Taking to Instagram he shared a still from the movie featuring the actors. He is honoured to be directing “an all time great actor” and “the greatest ever mom” in the same frame.
Who is Mallika Sukumaran? Seven facts we know about the actor and Prithviraj Sukumaran’s mother
- Mallika Sukumaran is an actor primarily seen in Malayalam movies and daily soaps. Peythozhiyathe by K.K. Rajeev marked her debut as a television actor. In 2004, she won the Kaveri Film Critics Television Award under the category of the second best actress for her performance in the serial American Dreams.
- Sukumaran made her debut in the Malayalam film industry with G. Aravindan’s Utharayanam. Since then, she has appeared in more than 60 movies. She won the Kerala State Film Award for the Second Best Actress for her role in Swapnadanam that released in 1974.
- She made her debut in Tamil cinema with Sebastian Seeman’s Vaazhthugal in 2008. The actor is well known for her comic as well as antagonistic roles.
- Born as Mohamallika, she completed her primary education from Government Higher Secondary School for Girls, Cotton Hill, Thiruvananthapuram, Kerala. Sukumaran completed her BA in History degree from Government College for Women in Kerala’s Thiruvananthapuram.
- In 1974, she married Jagathy Sreekumar but the marriage ended in a divorce. Four years later, she married the Malayalam actor Sukumaran and retired from limelight. She made a comeback in films after his death.
- Her first film after her comeback was Meghasandesham directed by Rajasenan opposite Suresh Gopi. Her performance in Rajith’s Ammakkilikkoodu was appreciated widely. She recently appeared as a judge in the popular reality show Amma Ammmayiyamma.
- In 2013, she launched a Multi Cuisine Restaurant Spice Boat at West Bay, Doha, Qatar. She is the CEO and Executive Chairperson of the restaurant.
Image source- Zee5
We request you to support our award-winning journalism by making a financial contribution towards our efforts. Your funds will ensure we can continue to bring you amazing stories of women, and the impact they are making and spotlight half the country's population because they deserve it.