Who is Jyotika Saravanan? Popular Southern actor Jyotika made her appearance on social media for the very first time on Tuesday.
Making her debut on the photo sharing app, Instagram, she said that she has a lot of positivity to share from her lockdown diaries. By way of her first post, the actor shared a bunch of pictures from her trek to the Himalayas. Within an hour of joining the social media platform, she has garnered 1.2 M followers.
Who is Jyotika Saravanan? Six things we know about the Southern actor
- Jyotika Saravanan is an Indian actor who primarily appears in Tamil movies. She has also acted in Telugu, Malayalam, Kannada and Hindi films. Her Bollywood debut was in the year 1997 in Priyadarshan's Doli Saja Ke Rakhna. The actor's debut Tamil movie was Vaali. Tagore was her first Telugu film where she appeared opposite Chiranjeevi.
- She has won three Filmfare awards, four Dinakaran awards, three Tamil Nadu State Film Awards awards and many more awards for her performances. Saravanan is also a recipient of the prestigious Kalaimamani Award. It is the highest civilian award in the state of Tamil Nadu and is given to the artists of the state to recognise their achievements.
- The Times of India ranked her among the best female actors of the Tamil movie industry alongside Anushka Shetty, Trisha Krishnan, Samantha Akkineni and others.
- After getting married to Suriya in 2006, she withdrew from the industry and made a comeback in 2015 with 36 Vayadhinile. Her performance received strong reviews and she won the Filmfare Critics Award for the Best actor-South for it.
- The State government appointed her as the ambassador for plastic free Tamil Nadu campaign under the leadership of the former Chief Minister Edappadi K. Palaniswami.
- The actor, along with her husband's Agaram Foundation donated Rs 25 Lakhs, medical equipment and bed to the Thanjavur government hospital last year.