The death of a 21-year-old civil defence worker in Faridabad area has led to nationwide outrage. While the perpetrator has been arrested in connection the case, the woman's family has demanded a CBI probe in the matter. The accused who claims to be the deceased woman's husband alleged that he stabbed her in a fit of rage, suspecting infidelity. But if the woman's family is to be believed, there is more to the case than meets the eye. According to them, the woman was sexually assaulted too, and that this was a work of more than one person.
Trigger Warning: The article contains graphic details.
On September 7, the Faridabad police had reapplied for custody of the main accused in the murder case of a civil defence worker. When the police went to Saket court to verify his claims of marrying the deceased women, they reportedly did not find much details.
The murder weapon is also yet to be recovered. The police had asked for his custody but the request was not accepted by court earlier. “He needs to be interrogated at length to ascertain the sequence of events that led to the crime, apart from other aspects of the case,” said a police officer associated with the case’s investigation.
10 Things To Know About The Case
- A 21-year-old civil defence staffer had gone missing on August 27. She was new to the forces and had joined only four months ago, according to reports.
- The family members tried looking for her at various places. They also sought help from the collector but reportedly did not get any help. Her body was later discovered.
- According to reports, the body was stabbed at multiple places.
- The accused in the crime claimed to her husband. He is accused of kidnapping her while returning from work in Lajpat Nagar. According to some reports, the accused man was her boyfriend.
- The accused man identified as Nizamuddin surrendered himself at Kalinda Kunj on August 27. He said to the police that he and the woman both had secretly married without her family's consent.
- He further added that he confronted her about her involvement with a third person. They had an argument after which he allegedly stabbed her in the heat of the moment.
- The news of her alleged murder and rape spread on social media and was being circulated with a hashtag demanding justice in the case.
- The Station house officer (SHO) of Surajkund, Haryana ensured a fair investigation in the rape and murder case. The members of the Bhim Army and Azad Samaj Party (Kashiram) reportedly visited the deceased woman's house.
- The post mortem report of the deceased has however ruled out sexual assault or mutilation. "The cause of death in this case is shock and hemorrhage due to injury to vital organs, that is neck, head, chest and other injuries," said the PM report.
Update: On September 8, Faridabad police was granted custody of the accused for three days after they applied for a production warrant. The accused will be interrogated by the police about the murder. The police also aims to recover the murder weapon and collect further evidence in the case, reported ANI.
The case has been transferred to DLF Faridabad crime branch for in-depth investigation. There are several lose ends in the case- the murder weapon remains missing, there is no evidence yet to corroborate Nizamuddin's claim that he and the deceased woman got married in June 20201, and that the marriage was kept hidden from both their families.
Suggested Reading For You: