Actor Rhea Chakraborty has alleged that the Narcotics Control Bureau (NCB) is “deliberately” trying to sabotage her name by putting numerous charges against her and her family. She is currently in custody at Byculla Jail and said that she “has not committed any crime whatsoever”.

Chakraborty’s bail hearing has been rescheduled to 24 September, the Bombay High Court declared after today’s hearing was called off due to heavy rains in Mumbai. Rhea and her brother Showik Chakraborty filed a bail plea on Tuesday after her judicial custody was extended till 6 October. Chakraborty was earlier given a 14-day judicial custody in the drug-probe that followed Sushant Singh Rajput‘s death. Rajput’s family has also accused Chakraborty of abetting the actor’s suicide and misappropriating his funds.

According to NDTV, Chakraborty said in her bail plea, “Sushant Singh Rajput was the only consumer of drugs and that he was directing his staff members to procure his drugs.”

A report by Deccan Herald quoted Chakraborty saying that she has been subjected to a “witch-hunt”. The 28-year-old also alleged that the Central Bureau of Investigation (CBI) and the Enforcement Directorate (ED) are targetting her for three more investigations and a “simultaneous media trial”.

Also Read: Rhea Chakraborty’s Judicial Custody Extends Till 6 October

Mental health destroyed

Chakraborty also mentioned how the trials and this case has impacted her deeply and that it has taken a “severe toll on her mental health and well being”. Her bail plea also said she is “innocent” and that it was Rajput who had been consuming drugs, particularly, “ganja” since even before she got into a relationship with him.

Rhea said that Sushant “used her, her brother Showik and members of his household staff to facilitate his own drug habit while ensuring that he did not leave a paper trail of his own in the form of any electronic evidence whatsoever.” She also said, “It is unfortunate that Sushant Singh Rajput took advantage of those closest to him to sustain his drug habit and thought it fit to expose them to the perils that would entail,” HT reported.

Meanwhile, earlier on Wednesday, filmmaker and producer Madhu Mantena and former manager of Rajput, Jaya Saha, were summoned for questioning by the NCB. According to a report in Times Now, they both are expected to come in today.

Read More Stories By Ria Das

 

 

 

Get the best of SheThePeople delivered to your inbox - subscribe to Our Power Breakfast Newsletter. Follow us on Twitter , Instagram , Facebook and on YouTube, and stay in the know of women who are standing up, speaking out, and leading change.