Kriti Sanon Mimi Film: The upcoming movie Mimi made headlines on June 8 as the film's poster was released by the lead actor Kriti Sanon. The film which will also have Pankaj Tripathi in a pivotal role is set to release in July this year.
Sharing a new moving poster of Mimi, Kriti Sanon asked the fans to stay tuned as she was about to make an important announcement this July.
Sanon wrote, "This July, expect the extraordinary from the ordinary! Stay tuned. #Mimi."
10 things you need to know about the movie Mimi:
- The director of the movie, Mimi, Laxman Utekar has also been a part of some highly appreciated movies like Luka Chuppi, English Vinglish, Dear Zindagi, Tevar, and others.
- The film is produced by Dinesh Vijan's Maddock Films.
- The music of the movie is given by A. R. Rahman and the cinematography is headed by Anuj Rakesh Dhawan.
- Mimi is based on a Marathi film, Mala Aai Vahhaychy!, the story about a surrogate mother, which won the National Award for Best Feature Film in Marathi in 2011.
- The movie stars Bareilly ki Barfi actor, Kriti Sanon, and Gangs of Wasseypur star, Pankaj Tripathi in the lead roles.
- Mimi is Kriti Sanon's first female-oriented film where she will be seen playing a female protagonist.
- The actor was rumoured to be shooting a Lavni number for the same recently.
- The film also marks Sanon's reunion with Tripathi. They shared a screen in the movie, Bareilly Ki Barfi earlier.
- Other cast include Sai Tamhankar, Manoj Pahwa and Supriya Pathak.
- The story is based on the life of a surrogate mother. The plot revolves around a young girl, a dancer in Mandawa who wants to be an actor but ends up being a surrogate for a couple.