Who Is Riyaz Bhati: Riyaz Bhati’s wife Rehnuma Bhati has alleged that her husband forced her into sex with other people which also include prominent cricketers Hardik Pandya and Munaf Patel. She also lodged a complaint with the Santacruz police last month in the matter.
Here’s everything you want to know about Riyaz Bhati.
- He is a suspected aide of underworld don Dawood Ibrahim
- He has been caught in fake passport cases on two occasions earlier – October 2015 and February 2020.
- A Lookout Circular has also been issued against him.
- He was detained at Mumbai international airport in 2020. This happened when he was allegedly trying to escape to United Arab Emirates (UAE), while violating bail conditions.
- An FIR was filed against former Mumbai police commissioner Param Bir Singh in an extortion case last month and he was named in it.
- Her wife has claimed that in her complaint that her husband Riyaz has coerced her into prostitution for over 15 years.
- He allegedly has sensitive material to blackmail her if she doesn’t comply with his demands. The material includes her photos and videos. She also claimed that he has threatened to kill their two children if she doesn’t act in accordance with his demands.
- As per a report, she has also alleged marital rape by her husband Riyaz.
- The allegations made by Rehnuma come after her husband Riyaz has been named in connection with Bharatiya Janta Party leader Devendra Fadnavis. The former Chief Minister of Maharashtra has been accused by National Congress Party’s Nawab Malik of being connected with Riyaz.
- He is also referred to as the among the “most wanted underworld names in India”
We request you to support our award-winning journalism by making a financial contribution towards our efforts. Your funds will ensure we can continue to bring you amazing stories of women, and the impact they are making and spotlight half the country's population because they deserve it.