Rehnuma Bhati Rape Case: Rehnuma Bhati, wife of a suspected aide of underworld don Dawood Ibrahim, has alleged that she was forced into sex with prominent cricketers like Hardik Pandya and Munaf Patel. As per reports, she lodged a complaint with the Santacruz police in October.
Here’s all you need to know about Rehnuma Bhati rape case
- In her complaint, the woman claimed that her husband Riyaz coerced her into prostitution for over 15 years.
- She also said that he allegedly has sensitive material, including photos and videos, to blackmail her with.
- He has also threatened her saying that he will kill their two children if his demands are not met.
- The list of people she was forced into sex also includes names like Rajeev Shukla, the former chair of the Indian Premier League (IPL) and a politician of the Indian National Congress (INC).
- As per ANI, an investigation is underway. She has, however, not given out any details like time and place in her rape complaint.
- Besides that, her complaint also alleged that her husband Riyaz raped her.
- She mentions “unnatural sexual activities” committed against her by a cricketer and his friends under the influence of drugs and alcohol.
- Her husband Riyaz is a criminal. She has been booked many times in the past including for cases of forgery, extortion and firing.
- Riyaz Bhati is reportedly a suspected associate of Ibrahim, head of the crime syndicate D-Company. He is also among the most wanted underworld names in India.
- He is also named in the 2021 case of alleged extortion involving Mumbai ex-cops Param Bir Singh and Sachin Vaze.
- Rehnuma also alleged that he is not being provided with any financial aid.
We request you to support our award-winning journalism by making a financial contribution towards our efforts. Your funds will ensure we can continue to bring you amazing stories of women, and the impact they are making and spotlight half the country's population because they deserve it.