Who Is Aarti Sahu: A young woman’s video of her dancing on Bollywood songs outside a temple in Madhya Pradesh’s Chhatarpur city has gone viral on social media. Police has registered a case against the young woman identified as Aarti Sahu after a Bajrang Dal leader lodged a complaint alleging that she was dancing in an obscene manner outside the Janrai Toriya Mandir, a Ram-Sita temple. He also alleged that her intention was to hurt the religious sentiments of Hindus
Here’s what you need to know about Aarti Sahu
- Aarti Sahu is an Instagram influencer with 2.5 million followers on her Instagram account. “Not Papa’s Pari, Papa ka Gurur Hun”, reads her Instagram bio.
- She has been booked under IPC section 298 (deliberate intention of hurting religious feelings of any person)
- The complainant said that she deliberately danced in an obscene manner in front of the temple. She shared the videos on social media with the intention of hurting the religious sentiments of Hindus for fame and money.
- She is dressed in a red kurti while dancing. She has not even taken off her shoes while dancing at the temple gate.
- In a video statement later, Sahu sought an apology from people whose sentiments she has hurt. She also said that it was not her intention.
- She also explained that she has been going to the temple since she was a child adding that posting videos on Instagram was the main source of earning for her family.
- She also said that she deleted all the videos from her Instagram account.
- The viral video shows the woman dancing on two Bollywood songs – ‘Daye lage kabhi baye lage’ from the movie “Cocktail” and ‘Meri sham awadh se aayi hai’ from the movie “Welcome to Karachi” in front of the temple gate.