Want Abs Like Michelle Obama’s? Here’s How She Works Out
The fitspo has recently taken it to Instagram to reveal the secret of how she maintains a work-life balance to fit in a killer physique. Michelle shared that she was the host of bootcamp weekends when she was the first lady. She also mentioned that they “were a reminder that if we want to keep taking care of others, we need to take care of ourselves first”.
Now she may have left the office, but kept the tradition on. She shared images from a recently held bootcamp, where you see the secret of her fitness. We say hi-five to the perfectly toned arms as we like the crunches, lunges and a variety of stretches she is up to.
“Whether it’s a bootcamp or a walk around the neighborhood, I hope you and your crew can find some time this summer to be healthy together.”
When the whole world is celebrating International Yoga Day on Wednesday (June 21), here are some things from Michelle Obama’s workout routine you need to incorporate into yours:
- The fitspo wakes up at 4.30 every morning to indulge herself in at least an hour of exercise. Besides, she keeps a check on her and the family’s diet.
- Not every first lady can drop to the floor and do 25 straight push-ups on a television show. But Michelle Obama did, all thanks to her rigorous daily workout schedule, which includes at least 45 minutes of cardio every day.
- The daily routine is also divided into parts which include jumping rope, doing pullover crunches and plyometric jumps, lifting weights as instructed by her personal trainer, and kickboxing with a punching bag.
- In an interview with Women’s Health in 2010, Michelle said, “Being a healthy woman isn’t about getting on a scale or measuring your waistline—and we can’t afford to think that way. Instead, we need to start focusing on what matters—on how we feel, and how we feel about ourselves.” So what’s she implying? That the health freak doesn’t avoid heavy meals. In fact, she eats five meals a day — the usual breakfast, lunch, dinner with at least two healthy snacks in between the gaps. Her favourites? Salad, or salad on a whole wheat bread base, topped off with a mound of cheese.
- Her #GimmeFive Video revealed her top five hacks to fitness: the treadmill, the jump-rope and the weights. She is not scared to try out the arm-wrestling duel as well. She lifts weights regularly.
- Also a believer of Yoga retreats, Michelle likes to give her entire body a rest and loves the flexibility it offers.
- She celebrated the fifth anniversary of the First Lady’s “Let’s Move” campaign (a campaign to raise awareness about healthy living in the United States) by releasing her workout video as part of the #GimmeFive challenge.
The lady is a fitness freak for sure!
Join Us on https://www.facebook.com/SheThePeoplePage
Follow Us on https://twitter.com/SheThePeopleTV