Nusrat Jahan pregnancy rumours seem to be confirmed with a viral photo of her flaunting her baby bump, as per reports on Saturday. The Trinamool Congress (TMC) Member of Parliament is currently mid-controversy over the validity of her marital status after she and estranged husband Nikhil Jain made explosive statements earlier this week.
In a statement issued June 9, actor-politician Jahan claimed her 2019 marriage to Kolkata-based businessman Nikhil Jain was invalid under Indian law and that the couple had been separated for a long time now. The 31-year-old also levelled a slew of allegations, without naming Jain, about alleged financial trouble. Jain denied her claims as “baseless.” Read more here.
Amid her marriage row, Jahan has been linked to actor colleague and BJP member Yash Dasgupta. Fans suspected Jahan’s pregnancy in the duration of their relationship.
A photo of Jahan with a baby bump began is doing rounds on social media. As posted by HT Bangla, the image also features actor Srabanti Chatterjee.
Nusrat Jahan Pregnancy: What Questions Are Fans Raising?
- Social media is abuzz with news of the actor’s pregnancy confirmation, as fans speculate about Jahan’s baby. Previous reports have suggested that Jain allegedly is not in the know about Jahan’s pregnancy and has said the baby is not his.
- In a statement, he revealed he has been separated from Jahan since November last year and has filed for an annulment. Read here.
- Jahan, talking about her separation, said a question of divorce didn’t arise with her and Jain since the two were married in Turkey under Turkish Marriage Regulation and their interfaith union had not been registered in India under the Special Marriage Act. Jain claimed he urged Jahan to get their marriage registered but it did not happen.
- Meanwhile, fans question the role of Dasgupta in the matter. He has reportedly been linked to Jahan since ahead of the 2021 West Bengal elections. Rumours claim he and Jahan are expecting a child together.
- When asked about her relationship with Dasgupta in an interview earlier this year, Jahan said, “Affairs of my private life are not for the public.”