Manisha Roshan Case: An FIR was recently registered against a woman, Manisha Roshan, who posted a video of herself on Instagram dancing to a Bollywood song at the Mahakaleshwar temple in Ujjain, Madhya Pradesh.
She later deleted the video and posted another wherein she apologised for the video. She has even submitted a letter of apology to the police, as per reports.
Here are 10 things to know about Manisha Roshan Case:
- Manisha Roshan, who has over one lakh followers on Instagram posted a video of herself dancing inside the temple. She mixed the video with the song Rag Rag Mein Is Tarah Tu Samane Laga. The video is now deleted.
- The video was filmed particularly by the pillars built near the Omkareshwar temple, which is just above Mahakal Jyotirlinga.
- In the video, she was wearing a saree, and lip-syncing to the song, while roaming around the pillars of the temple.
- The priest of the Mahakaleshwar temple deemed it objectionable and demanded that the woman be banned from entering the temple.
- He said that it is not at all justified to perform indecently to film songs like this in the temple. Mahakal was the center of faith for crores of people, and it is not at all a place for film songs. He added that such devotees should be restricted from entering the temple.
- Even the Hindu Organisation expressed its disagreement, saying that action should be taken against such activities in the temple.
- Rakesh Putra Shankarlal Parmar, a resident of Ujjain, lodged a complaint with the Mahakal police station and an FIR was registered.
- According to Pallavi Shukla, the Chief Superintendent of Police, a case has been registered under section 188 of the Indian Penal Code against the woman, influencer Manisha Roshan.
- The case has been registered for hurting religious sentiments.
- This is not the first case of action being taken against such people, recently, a complaint was filed against influencer Aarti Sahu by a Bajrang Dal leader for filming “obscene” dance videos outside a temple in Madhya Pradesh.
Suggested Reading :