Who Is Manisha Rohan? Indore-based influencer Manisha Roshan has landed herself in trouble for shooting a video of herself on a Bollywood song on the premises of Mahakaleshwar temple in Madhya Pradesh. She even shared it on social media but later deleted it.
Here’s what you need to know about Manisha Roshan
- More than 1.5 lakh people follow her on Instagram.
- She had uploaded the video on Instagram but later deleted it.
- In the video, she could be seen wearing a sari, lip-syncing a Bollywood song while roaming around the pillars of the temple.
- As per a report, she mixed the song ‘Rag Rag Mein Is Tarah Tu Samane Laga‘ along with the video that was shot.
- She later posted another video where she was apologising for her actions. In a video statement, the woman said, “I had shot a video in the temple at Ujjain which was not liked by priests and Hindu outfits and they raised objections over it. My intention was not to hurt anyone I apologise for it and keep it in mind that any of my actions don’t hurt the sentiments of anyone in future.”
- The woman submitted a letter seeking an apology to the police as well.
This is not the first time when a woman has been reprimanded for filming dance videos outside a temple. Some time ago, a Bajrang Dal leader had lodged a complaint against Aarti Sahu, a social media influencer, for recording “obscene” dance videos outside a temple in Chhatarpur city in Madhya Pradesh. She also posted a video statement later apologising for hurting anyone’s sentiments. “I regret and seek apology from people if my videos hurt their sentiments. It was not my intention.” She also said that her family’s main source of income is from her Instagram videos. Sahu has removed the controversial videos from her social media feed. Read the full story here.