Actor Kevin Spacey has found himself embroiled in another controversy. He has been sued by two men, including the American actor Anthony Rapp, who filed a lawsuit on Wednesday against the famous actor alleging that he sexually assaulted them in the 1980s. Rapp and the other man claimed that they were only 14 when Spacey assaulted them.

Last year, Spacey walked free of all sexual assault charges after he was accused of groping a young man at a Nantucket bar in 2016. The criminal case against him was dropped.

Three years ago, Rapp, now 48, made serious allegations against Spacey, now 61. He blamed him for making an inappropriate sexual advance, according to the NY Times. Eventually, in 2017, many others started speaking up against the two-time Oscar-winner Spacey. Dragged into several sexual misconduct allegations, Spacey then had to exit Hollywood and even the famous American TV drama series House of Cards, in which he played the lead Frank Underwood. Read the entire story here

What did the lawsuit say?

In a lawsuit filed in the New York Supreme Court in Manhattan on Wednesday, Rapp said that he was an underage boy and he met Spacey in an acting class in Westchester County in 1986. According to the lawsuit, Spacey asked Rapp to come to his Manhattan apartment and “engaged in sexual acts” with him on multiple occasions. He also went on to claim that he was the victim of an “unwanted sexual advance” when Spacey grabbed his backside at a party. Spacey is also accused of assaulting the teenager despite him resisting and saying “no,” the lawsuit said.

Rapp said after the encounter he hid in the bathroom for a while and later left the apartment. Rapp was last seen in films like Rent and Star Trek: Discovery.

Another accuser (remains anonymous) said that he was 12 when he met the American Beauty actor Spacey at the same acting class in New York in 1981. Spacey invited him to his apartment too, where he allegedly sexually assaulted him, reported the Firstpost. Spacey ignored the teen’s “verbal and physical resistance”.

Both the men are seeking legal action against Spacey for allegedly causing psychological damage.

Also Read: Kevin Spacey Comes Out As Gay After Abuse Allegations, Faces Backlash

What happened in 2017?

Former Boston TV news anchor Heather Unruh publicly accused the actor of assaulting her then 18-year-old son in a bar in July 2016.

In police reports obtained by People, Unruh’s son had told authorities that “he was texting and snapchatting when Spacey reached down his pants and repeatedly touched his genitals over the course of three minutes while they were together at the Nantucket bar, where the accuser worked as a busboy.” Denying all the allegations, Spacey had spoken up in a video saying, “Of course, some believed everything and have just been waiting with bated breath to hear me confess it all. They’re just dying to have me declare that everything said is true and that I got what I deserved. Wouldn’t that be easy if it was all so simple? Only you and I both know it’s never that simple, not in politics and not in life.”

Another actor Guy Pearce, from Australia, had also alleged sexual misconduct by Spacey on the sets of L.A. Confidential in 1997. In an interview with an Australian talk show in 2018, Pearce alleged that he was often being groped by Spacey at the time. This led to a bigger controversy with more than 30 men accusing the well-known actor of sexual misconduct.

Feature Image Credit: CBC

Read More Stories By Ria Das

Get the best of SheThePeople delivered to your inbox - subscribe to Our Power Breakfast Newsletter. Follow us on Twitter , Instagram , Facebook and on YouTube, and stay in the know of women who are standing up, speaking out, and leading change.