Sexual Assault Charge Against Kevin Spacey Is Dropped
Kevin Spacey is free of all sexual assault charge as he will not be prosecuted after he was accused of groping a young man at a Nantucket bar in 2016, PEOPLE confirms. Spacey’s sexual assault criminal case has been dropped as the case ended abruptly in the #MeToo era.
Kevin Spacey is a famous face as the American TV drama series House of Cards, he plays lead and evil Frank Underwood in the series, was dragged into sexual misconduct allegations. “Now comes the Commonwealth, by and through its District Attorney, Michael O’Keefe, and hereby files a Nolle Prosequi in the above matter due to the unavailability of the complaining witness,” Nantucket District Attorney Michael O’Keefe filed in a document on Wednesday.
Kevin Spacey is a famous face as the American TV drama series House of Cards, he plays lead and evil Frank Underwood in the series, was dragged into sexual misconduct allegations.
“Nolle Prosequi” is “Latin for ‘we shall no longer prosecute,’” according to Cornell Law, and “is an entry made on the record by a prosecutor in a criminal case or a plaintiff in a civil case stating that he will no longer pursue the matter.”
We liked Spacey for his spectacular acting versatility, but after the sexual assault allegations, his reputation was trashed and his career had a free fall. The two-time Oscar winner was fired from House of Cards in 2017 after multiple allegations of sexual misconduct.
The show resumed with the final season on Netflix, with Robin Wright leading the series after killing Spacey’s character off screen.
The sexual assault accusation was scandalised by former Boston TV news anchor Heather Unruh when she publicly accused the actor of assaulting her then 18-year-old son at a bar in July 2016. He was also accused of making sexual advances to young male actors over the years.
The sexual assault accusation was scandalised by former Boston TV news anchor Heather Unruh when she publicly accused the actor of assaulting her then 18-year-old son at a bar in July 2016.
Following the dismissal on Wednesday, the attorney for the alleged victim said, “My client and his family have shown an enormous amount of courage under difficult circumstances,” according to NBC10 Boston’s Eli Rosenberg.
In police reports obtained by PEOPLE, Unruh’s son told authorities that “he was texting and snapchatting when Spacey reached down his pants and repeatedly touched his genitals over the course of three minutes while they were together at the Nantucket bar, where the accuser worked as a busboy.” Denying all the allegations, Spacey said in the video shared to his social channels quoting, “Of course, some believed everything and have just been waiting with bated breath to hear me confess it all. They’re just dying to have me declare that everything said is true and that I got what I deserved. Wouldn’t that be easy if it was all so simple? Only you and I both know it’s never that simple, not in politics and not in life.”
Spacey, 59, had been accused by an 18-year-old youngster whose lawyer said that a smartphone being sought as evidence had disappeared last month, and this month, the accuser dropped a lawsuit against him.
Picture Credit: CBC