Australian actor Guy Pearce has revealed about actor Kevin Spacey’s sexual misconduct with him on the sets of L.A. Confidential in 1997. In an interview with Australian talk show on July 3, Pearce recalled that he was often being groped by Spacey at the time.

He said it was “slightly difficult” to star opposite Spacey on the project because he was “handsy”.

Pearce has given hints that he was groped by Kevin Spacey during the time they worked side-by-side on the 1997 film LA Confidential

More than 30 men have accused Spacey of sexual misconduct in recent months. Police are investigating three more allegations of sexual assault against him. The Oscar-winning actor has attacked men in the UK and Scotland Yard is investigations six such claims, The Guardian reported.

READ: Kevin Spacey Comes Out As Gay After Abuse Allegations, Faces Backlash

“Tough one talk about at the moment,” Pearce said when asked about working with the former co-star. “Amazing actor, incredible actor. Slightly difficult time with Kevin, yeah,” he said.

Pearce added, “He’s a handsy guy. Thankfully, I was 29 and not 14.”

Benicio del Toro, who co-starred alongside Spacey in the 1995 film The Usual Suspects, said last week, “It’s sad about the victims, number one, and sad about [him]. “But the victims come first. I don’t care how talented you are. I’m sorry,” BBC reported.

Allegations not a shock

Speaking on Norwegian TV in January, House of Cards co-star Joel Kinnaman said the allegations weren’t “a big shock”. “I have five or six friends I know who have told stories about Kevin about when they were young and had just arrived in Hollywood,” he said.

The first one to accuse Spacey was actor Anthony Rapp, who blamed him of assault at a party in 1986. Rapp was a 14-year-old at the time.

Later on, Spacey issued a statement apologising for what he did, calling it a “deeply inappropriate drunken behaviour”.

Following the accusation, House of Cards production staff spoke up against Spacey and accused him of sexual harassment and one incident of sexual assault. The next day, Netflix sacked Spacey from the series.

In April, the Los Angeles County District Attorney started reviewing a sexual assault case against Spacey. Meanwhile, 20 allegations of inappropriate behaviour by Spacey have unfolded.

Picture Credit: CBC

Read More Stories By Ria Das

Get the best of SheThePeople delivered to your inbox - subscribe to Our Power Breakfast Newsletter. Follow us on Twitter , Instagram , Facebook and on YouTube, and stay in the know of women who are standing up, speaking out, and leading change.