On Friday, a woman crashed into a home in Los Angeles’ Mar Vista neighbourhood in her car, leading to a massive fire that consumed both the vehicle and the car. It is now being reported that actor Anne Heche was the one driving the car in question. According to Los Angeles Police the vehicle was speeding when it crashed.
Heche is said to have sustained burn injuries, and the accident caused the car to burst into flames. Paramedics from the Los Angeles Fire Department treated her critically before transferring her to a nearby hospital. According to the LAFD, it took firefighters more than an hour to reach, contain, and completely put out the flames within the severely damaged building.
Here are 10 things we know about the Anne Heche car crash:
- In between her two car accidents, Anne Heche was reportedly driving erratically, as seen in a new video of her swerving through homes.
- According to a video acquired by TMZ, Heche was speeding through the neighbourhood in her blue Mini Cooper.
- Anne Heche, who was transported by ambulance on a stretcher after the accident.
- In the Los Angeles neighbourhood of Mar Vista, the collision occurred shortly after noon.
- Apartment complex residents tried to get Heche out of the car, but she shifted into reverse and raced away. A short while later, she caused a fire by crashing into a house nearby. The house was completely destroyed by the large fire.
- Heche has reportedly sustained significant burn injuries in the fire.
- Currently, she has been intubated in the hospital, but she is expected to survive. According to TMZ, her medical condition prevents doctors from doing any tests to ascertain whether she was operating a vehicle while intoxicated.
- Heche originally became well-known for her dual roles as twins Vicky Hudson and Marley Love on the soap opera Another World, where she appeared from 1987 to 1991. For this portrayal, she won a Daytime Emmy Award. She then appeared in Donnie Brasco, Six Days Seven Nights, and Wag the Dog, among other movies.
- However, Heche was more in limelight for her relationship with Ellen DeGeneres in the late 1990s which attracted a lot of media attention at the time. Heche claimed that after going public with their relationship, she felt “blacklisted”.
- Heche married Coleman Laffoon in 2001, but the couple parted ways in 2009.