Who is Priyanshu Painyuli? Actor Taapsee Pannu will see her third release for the year 2021 this week, in form of sports drama Rashmi Rocket. The film is in news both for its sensitive subject and Pannu’s extreme body transformation to play the role of a sprinter.
Rashmi Rocket deals with the issue of gender verification testing which is known to have put a question mark on the careers of many athletes, the most noted of them being India’s Dutee Chand and South Africa’s Caster Semenya. Directed by Akarsh Khurana, known for helming movies like High Jack and Karwaan, the film tells viewers the story of Gujarat’s runner Rashmi who is suspended after failing to clear gender testing and the ensuing battle that she embarks on to clear her name.
Priyanshu Painyuli will be seen playing the role of Rashmi’s husband Gagan Thakur, who not only motivates her to pursue a career as a runner but also becomes her support system when the athlete falls on hard times. Painyuli has featured in several prominent web series in the past, however, this is his first role as a male lead in a Bollywood film. Rashmi Rocket will have an OTT release on October 15.
Who is Priyanshu Painyuli?
1. Hailing from Dehradun city, Painyuli made his film debut in 2016 with the film Love At First Sight.
2. He played the titular role in director Vikramaditya Motwane’s Bhavesh Joshi Superhero, which featured Harshvardhan Kapoor in lead.
3. Painyuli also had a small role in Farhan Akhtar and Shraddha Kapoor starter Rock On 2.
4. His breakthrough role came in the form of the 2020 film Extraction, with Chris Hemsworth in the lead.
5. Painyuli’s most popular role to date remains that of Robin in season 2 of the hit web series Mirzapur. His dialogue “Ye bhi theek hai,” from the series gained a cult status and was churned into numerous memes.
6. The actor tied the knot with his long-time girlfriend Vandana Joshi on November 26 last year, following all necessary COVID-19 safety protocol.
7. Joshi is an actor and dancer by profession and the two met on the sets of choreographer Vaibhavi Merchant’s show Taj Express.
Suggested Reads For You: