Who is Kamal Kapoor? Shaktimaan actor Mukesh Khanna said he is “shaken” after his elder sister Kamal Kapoor’s death.
The television actor took to social media on Wednesday night to express his grief. Kapoor had recovered from COVID-19 a few days ago but succumbed to lung disease in Delhi on Wednesday.
“Literally the first time in my life I’ve been shaken,” the 62-year-old shared the news in a post on Facebook, a day after he dismissed the fake news about his death.
Who is Kamal Kapoor? Here are five things we know about Mukesh Khanna’s sister, Kamal Kapoor:
1. Kapoor breathed her last in Delhi on Wednesday. She was the veteran actor’s only sister, who succumbed to congestion in the lungs.
2. Mahabharat actor Khanna informed that his sister defeated the dreaded infection within 12 days. However, he also revealed that it was the lung infection that she had contracted post-recovery which was the real reason behind her death.
3. Khanna, best known for essaying the role of Shaktimaan, recently rubbished rumours of his death due to COVID-19 on social media.
4. On Tuesday, the rumours of Khanna’s death started doing the rounds on the internet. The actor took to Instagram to share an angry video and informed his fans that he is “perfectly alright”. In his latest post about his sister’s death, the actor opened up about how he struggled to clear the rumours about him, but had no idea that “a terrible truth” was hovering over his family. “Today my only elder sister Kamal Kapoor has passed away in Delhi, I am very sorry for her death, we have all come into the family,” he wrote.
5. He further showered an “emotional tribute” to his elder sister and shared a heartbroken post alongside a series of pictures of his sister with the family members.
१२ दिन में कोविड को हराने के बाद लंग्स के कंजेस्चन से वो हार गई। पता नहीं ऊपर वाला क्या हिसाब किताब कर रहा है। सचमुच मैं पहली बार ज़िंदगी में हिल गया हूँ।
अश्रुपूरित नमन,भावभीनी श्रद्धांजली पूरे परिवार की तरफ़ से। pic.twitter.com/yCEE3eFmzc
— Mukesh Khanna (@actmukeshkhanna) May 12, 2021