Who is Aliya Kapoor? Meet another lesser-known star kid, Aliya Kapoor, who is closely related to Kareena and Ranbir Kapoor. The Kapoors have given many stars to the industry but Aliya Kapoor has managed to stay away from the media limelight so far. However, Aliya Kapoor caught notice of social media this week and her pictures have taken internet by the storm.
Who is Aliya Kapoor?
1. Aliya is the granddaughter of yesteryear superstar Shashi Kapoor. She is the daughter of Karan Kapoor and Lorna Kapoor. Being a cousing of actors Kareena Kapoor Khan, Karisma Kapoor and Ranbir Kapoor she is the great-granddaughter of actor Prithviraj Kapoor.
2. Late Shashi Kapoor married British actor Jennifer Kendal in 1958 and they acted in a number of films together. He had three children with Kendal – Karan Kapoor, Kunal Kapoor and Sanjana Kapoor all of whom attempted to have a film career without much success. Kendal died of cancer in 1984. The couple’s son Karan, remembered for his role in Sultanat featuring Juhi Chawla, was a well-known model in the 80s. However, Karan later decided to pursue photography. He married to English model Lorna Tarling Kapoor in 1978 but later got divorced in 1993. Together, they have a daughter Aliya and son Zach.
4. 22-year-old Aliya lives in London with her father. She has finished her education in the UK.
5. Despite the distance, Aliya is reportedly close to her cousins Kareena and Karisma Kapoor.
6. Reportedly, she even accompanied her father Karan Kapoor to Pataudi Palace for Taimur Ali Khan’s first birthday party.
7. Aliya is also a budding artist and is occasionally seen in Kapoor family‚Äôs parties and public events.