State of Siege: Temple Attack: Actor Akshaye Khanna will soon be seen on OTT film State of Siege: Temple Attack which is based on the 2002 terrorist attack on Akshardham Temple in Gujarat. The film is directed by Ken Ghosh and its trailer was released its trailer on July 2. State of Siege: Temple Attack is produced by Abhimanyu Singh and Contiloe Pictures and will have a direct digital release.
The film is a follow up to State of Siege: 26/11, which was a mini-series that revolved around the 2008 Mumbai attacks on the Taj Hotel. The web-series featured actors Arjan Bajwa, Arjun Bijlani, Mukul Dev and Tara Alisha Beri.
Here are 10 things that we know about the State of Siege: Temple Attack:
1. The film is based on the 2002 terrorist attack that happened at Akshardham Temple in Gujarat.
2. The film will have a direct OTT release on ZEE5 platform.
3. According to the trailer, terrorists enter a temple in Gujarat, take pilgrims hostage and start killing them one at a time.
4. The film is also a tribute to NSG (National Security Guard), which is an elite counter-terrorism unit under the Indian Ministry of Home Affairs.
5. In the trailer of the film, NSG can be seen dealing with the situation bringing their expertise to the table.
6. Khanna will be seen essaying the role of NSG commander Hanut Singh in the film.
7. The director of the film Ken Ghosh also called the film a tribute to the NSG and said that there is an immense amount of hard work that has gone into the making of this film and the trailer is a quick adrenaline-pumping snapshot of it. He further said, "The film is our tribute to the NSG."
8. Apart from Akshaye Khanna, the film features Vivek Dahiya, Gautam Rode, Manjari Fadnnis, and Akshay Oberoi in key roles.
9. The film will premiere on July 9.
10. The film will be available for streaming in three languages including Hindi, Tamil, and Telugu.
Watch the trailer: