Ahead of Jwala Gutta Vishnu Vishal wedding a timeline of their relationship: The 2010 Commonwealth Gold medalist badminton player Jwala Gutta and actor-producer Vishnu Vishal recently announced that they plan to get hitched on April 22. They got engaged in September last year when Vishal proposed to Gutta on her birthday.
Vishal announced the news by posting a picture of the wedding card on Instagram with the hashtag #JwalaVished writing the caption “Life is a journey… embrace it… have faith and take the leap…Need all your love and support as always”. Following this, Gutta also posted the same picture from her handle.
Here’s looking at the timeline of Gutta and Vishal’s relationship as the countdown for their big day begins:
1. In the year 2019, pictures of the couple surfaced on the internet and they were rumoured to be dating. At the time Vishnu confirmed that they were spending time with each other as friends and getting to know each other.
2. When asked about their relationship, Vishal said that they like each other as people, and anything other than that was too early to comment on as both of them had a lot of work professionally.
3. The couple made their relationship public on social media when Gutta posted a picture of them together on January 1, 2020. Since then, the couple has been open about their relationship.
4. The couple was in a long-distance relationship as Gutta lives in Hyderabad and Vishnu Vishal is based in Chennai.
5. However, they used to reportedly meet each other every two weeks.
6. During the lockdown in 2020 when the pandemic was at its peak, travelling often was not possible which made the couple’s long-distance relationship even more difficult. They had to rely on phone calls and video calls to be connected with each other.
7. After not meeting each other for four months during the lockdown, Gutta flew to Chennai on July 16 to surprise Vishnu Vishal on his 36th birthday.
8. Vishal proposed Gutta at midnight on her birthday on September 7 2020 and the shuttler said yes.
9. On the same day, Gutta posted a picture with her near ones to mark her birthday, including Vishal and his son.
10. The couple announced their wedding by posting a picture of their wedding card on April 13, revealing that they are getting married on the 22 of this month in a private ceremony.
Image Credit: NDTV