Sanjana Ganesan: Here are 7 things to know about the sports presenter, who is reportedly tying the knot with cricketer Jasprit Bumrah.
The wedding bells are ringing for the renowned Indian cricketer Jasprit Bumrah, as he is all set to marry the TV host and sports journalist Sanjana Ganesan. As per the reports, the couple will tie the knot on March 14-15 in Goa, with only select family members and friends as a part of the celebrations.
Speaking to ANI, a source close to BCCI has confirmed that the cricketer is all set to get married soon and has taken leave from the game to prepare for the wedding. However, neither Jasprit nor Sanjana have confirmed the reports as of now. Earlier, the former was linked to the South Indian actor Anupama Parameswaran, but the rumours were later quashed.
Here are 7 things to know about Sanjana Ganesan:
- Sanjana Ganesan was born on May 6, 1991 in Pune, Maharashtra.
- She is a popular sports presenter and TV anchor. She is a prominent face in sports anchoring and has worked with Star Sports for the Indian Premier League. Moreover, she has also hosted shows of other sports too such as Badminton Premier League.
- She has hosted interviews with coaches and support staff of various franchises during IPL and ISL auctions in the past.
- She participated in MTV Splitsvilla in 2014, which she had to leave midway due to an injury.
- Before becoming a sports anchor, Sanjana was a model who participated in Femina Style Diva 2012 fashion show. She then participated in Femina Miss India Pune next year, becoming one of the finalists. She was the winner of Femina Officially Gorgeous 2013.
- She was the co-host of Star Sports’ post-match show Match Point and Cheeky Singles during the World Cup 2019 in England.
- Sanjana is a huge fan of the IPL team Kolkata Knight Riders. In fact, she has presented exclusive shows with the fans and hosted the show The Knight Club, where fans interacted about the team. Shah Rukh Khan has also made guest appearances in the show.
Feature Image Credits: DNA India