Who was Sabina Nessa: In a candlelight vigil on September 24 at the park where Sabina Nessa was found dead a week ago, her sister recalled her fond memories of Sabina while addressing a crowd of 500 mourners.
Last week, on September 18, Sabina Nessa’s body was discovered by a member of the public at Cator Park, near her house. According to the reports she was on her way to meet an old friend. The same week she had plans to visit her family. Police investigation and nearby CCTV footage showed the footage of a man, who was taken in for interrogation by the police. According to the police, she was attacked shortly after leaving her home.
The mourning, yesterday, was to remember and cherish the memory of a school teacher from London whose murder shook the public. It has yet again led to the question: Are women safe in London? Social media users also questioned the selective outrage calling it ‘white women syndrome’.
It’s been a week since Sabina Nessa’s body was found, investigations by police to find out the perpetrator is underway.
Here are 10 things to know about Sabrina Nessa:
- Sabina Nessa was a 28-year-old primary school teacher at the Rushey Green Primary School in Lewisham in July 2020 and she had just begun her second year at the school.
- At primary school, she used to teach English as a foreign language.
- Her qualifications included a degree in Sociology from the University of Greenwich.
- Nessa lived in London and was raised in Sandy, Bedfordshire.
- She was popular amongst her friends. In a report, her friends said that Nessa regarded teaching as her vocation and dedicated to it.
- Not just her friends, even her colleague remembers her as a brilliant teacher, ‘kind’, ‘caring’ and absolutely dedicated to her pupils.
- According to her sister’s speech at the park, Nessa was also an amazing and caring sister. “I just want to say thank you to everyone who came today to show their support for my sister. We have lost an amazing, caring, beautiful sister, who left this world too early,” says Jebina Yasmin Islam.
- While her uncle, Shahin Miah remembers her as an open-minded person.
- Nessa’s 29th birthday was next month.
- She belongs to the South-Asian ethnicity of Bangladeshi descent.
Watch Trending Video: