Actress Luviena Lodh recently shared a two-minute-long clipping on Instagram wherein she accused Bollywood director Mahesh Bhatt of threatening her and her family. Lodh, who is married to Bhatt’s nephew Sumit Sabharwal, revealed that she has filed for a divorce as her husband allegedly supplies drugs.
Bollywood director Mahesh Bhatt decided to take legal action against actress Luviena Lodh’s harassment allegations. Bhatt’s production banner, Vishesh Films, recently put up a statement on behalf of the director on Instagram. The statement read, “With reference to video released by one Lavina Lodhi. We, on behalf of our client Mahesh Bhatt, refute the allegations. Such allegations are not only false and defamatory but have serious consequences in law. Our client will take such action in accordance with law as advised.”
Actor Amyra Datur, who was also named by Lodh in her video, alleging that she was supplied drugs by her husband, has released an official statement via her lawyer as well. Through her statement, Dastur has “clarified that the said video contains false statements relating to our client and that our client is convinced that the same is published with an aim to defame and cause harm, injury and damage to the reputation of our client.”
Dastur’s statement went on to call Lodh’s claims in the video as “completely false, unfounded and malicious”. She further reserved her right to seek “all remedies available to her in law and equity.”
On October 30, it was reported that Bhatt’s sister Kumkum Saigal and her Sahil have moved court seeking a written apology from Losh, along with rupees 90 lakhs in damages. The two have filed an injunction against Luviena Lodh at the Bombay City Civil Court. Saigal has alleged that Lodh continues to live in a flat given to her husband Sumit by her son as a goodwill gesture. While her estranged husband has moved out, Lodh continues to live in it and has refused to vacate the apartment.
Here are ten things to know about Luviena Lodh:
- Luviena Lodh was born as Varsha Lodh on February 27, 1990, in Mumbai. Lodh pursued her primary and secondary education at St. Xavier’s High School, Mumbai.
- Her mother Nalini Lodh is a housewife while her father Munna Lodh is a businessman. She also has two siblings – Nisha Lodh, a lawyer; and Nikhil Lodh, a film director.
- A big fan of Bollywood veteran Sridevi, Lodh dropped out of Mithibai college to try her luck in showbiz. She appeared on a reality show called Zee Cine Stars Ki Khoj.
- After the show, she changed her name to Luviena and bagged her first film project, a Kannada movie called Nirdoshi.
- Luviena Lodh has been featured in multiple Telugu films as well. Notably, she was mentored by Sir Mujib Khan when she dabbled in theatre. She has also trained in Bollywood and Jazz dance forms.
- In 2016, Lodh acted in a short film based on the Swachh Bharat Abhiyan initiative. Entitled Hum Mein Dum Hai.
- In 2017, Lodh appeared as the protagonist in a short film called Girl On Heels that streamed on Sony LIV.
- Luviena Lodh also acted in a web series called Humse Na Ho Payega in 2019.
- She has endorsed various notable brands like Daniel Wellington, Shein, Reliance, StalkBuyLove and Airtel.
- Lodh has her own YouTube channel called “Luviena Lodh Diaries”.
Tarini Gandhiok is an intern with SheThePeople.TV