Who Is Kozhikode Sharada: Malayalam actor Kozhikode Sharada passed away at 84 on Tuesday morning at Kozhikode Medical College. She was undergoing treatment for the cardiac ailment and was admitted to the hospital after experiencing breathing difficulties. She succumbed to a cardiac arrest.
Here’s what you need to know about Kozhikode Sharada
- She was a native of Velliparamba, Kozhikode.
- She kickstarted her acting career as a theatre artist
- She debuted in the 1979 film Angakkuri.
- She has also acted in films like Anubhandham, Naalkkavala, Anyarude Bhoomi among others. In total, she has acted in over 80 films.
- Ulsavapittennu, Kuttisrank, Kilichundan Mampazham Kannezhuthi Pottum Thottu and Ennu Ninte Moideen are some significant films of her career.
- Her most memorable role includes her character in Sallapam.
- Besides movies, she has also acted in television soaps.
- She is survived by four children – Umada, Sajeev, Rajitha, and Sreejith.
- Her last rites will be held at her home town near Kozhikode on 9 November, 2021.
- She reportedly breathed her last at the same hospital where she worked as a nursing assistant also.
A lot of M-town celebrities have taken to social media to pay tributes to her. Mammootty, Mohanlal, Manju Warrier, Manoj K Jayan are some of them. Kerala’s Minister for Films and Culture Saji Cherian condoled the death of Sarada and said she was a very strong actress who was seen in roles she played and she is going to be missed.