Who Is Gabriella Demetriades? Arjun Rampal’s Girlfriend Who Has Been Summoned By The NCB
Arjun Rampal and his girlfriend Gabriella Demetriades have been summoned by the Narcotics Control Bureau (NCB). The two have been asked to join the investigation in the ongoing Bollywood drug probe and appear before the NCB on November 11. The couple’s residence was also raided by the NCB today, November 9. Notably, Demetriades’ brother Agisialos Demetriades was also arrested by the NCB last month in connection with another drug case.
Here are 10 things to know about Gabriella Demetriades:
2. Her mother was an artist and her grandmother owned a fabric store. Inspired by the same, Demetriades pursued fashion designing. She graduated from a university situated in Sunnyside, Gauteng, South Africa.
3. Demetriades came to India in search of modelling assignments and went on to feature in advertising campaigns for brands like Micromax Mobiles.
4. In 2009, she came into the limelight after winning the Miss Indian Premier League Bollywood. She has also modelled for FHM many times and was the magazine’s cover girl in 2012.
5. Demetriades has featured in a promo song of a Malayalam movie, Red Wine as well as in a music video opposite singer Aditya Narayan, for his single Tu Hi Pyar Hai. Furthermore, she has acted in the Bollywood movie Sonali Cable and Telegu-Tamil film Oopiri.
6. Branching out from acting and modelling, Demetriades launched her clothing label ‘Deme’ some years back. Talking about the same in an interview, she said, “Deme has always been a part of me. I knew I wanted to do it for the longest time, I just didn’t know how. It’s the thing that will outlive me, I hope.” She has also co-founded VRTT Vintage, a platform that buys and sells previously owned luxury goods.
7. In an interview, Demetriades admitted that she is a big fitness enthusiast and enjoys kickboxing as well as playing football.
8. On April 23, 2019, Bollywood actor Arjun Rampal announced via an Instagram post that Demetriades was pregnant with their first child after months of speculation regarding their relationship. He wrote, “Blessed to have you and start all over again….thank you baby for this baby.”
9. Consequently, the duo welcomed their first child, a baby boy named Arik on July 18, 2020.
10. As per Rampal’s admission in an interview, Demetriades shares a good bond with his daughters Mahikaa and Myra. He said, “I must add that it was of prime importance that my daughters should accept her as a part of the family. I am blessed that they have, no questions asked.”
Tarini Gandhiok is an intern with SheThePeople.TV