#News

Three Men Gangrape A 14-Year-Old Girl They Met Through PUBG In Bhopal: Report

Faridabad Man Accused Of Several Rape-Murder ,Stranger Involvement In Rape Cases, UP woman constable rape by colleague

A 14-year-old girl was allegedly blackmailed and gangraped by three men for around a month in Bhopal, Madhya Pradesh. The accused have been arrested on Thursday, ANI reported. According to police, the accused allegedly met the minor girl through the now banned mobile game PUBG (PlayerUnknown’s Battlegrounds). After befriending her through the popular game, the accused met her and started blackmailing her into going out with them. Later, they took her for an outing, following which they allegedly sexually assaulted her.

Also Read: No Country For Women. Bihar gang rape survivor sent to jail for “misbehaviour”

Met through PUBG

Ashok Srivastava, Station House Officer, told ANI that the minor girl had exchanged phone numbers with the three teenagers and had met them in person as well amidst the lockdown. The four teens developed a friendship over time after chatting and speaking over the phone and they met each other in September.

“Three people, Fazail an AC mechanic, Farhan a painter, and Rizwan an architect, met the minor while playing PUBG online. During the course of their friendship, they exchanged phone numbers. They met in real life in Ashok Garden in September and the three raped the minor,” Srivastava said, NDTV reported. The survivor is a resident of Ashoka Garden area.  The accused allegedly used a video of them meeting to blackmail her for around a month, The Times of India reported.

Also Read: West Bengal: Adivasi Woman Dragged To Paddy Fields And Gangraped; One Arrested

“After the incident, they blackmailed and contacted her two to three more times. The incident took place once again in MP Nagar. The girl later told her mother about the incident and they came to file a complaint at the police station,” he added. The accused were interrogated and later confessed to the crime.

PUBG was among the 188 Chinese mobile applications that were banned by the Centre in September this year. The government had said that this step had been taken in interest of sovereignty and integrity of India, defence of India and security. You can read more about PUBG ban here.

Read More Stories By Ria Das