A woman and her 15-year-old daughter were killed and their driver injured after a hoarding fell on their vehicle near Ekana stadium in Lucknow on Monday, police said.
The collision happened in the late afternoon, according to the authorities, in the vicinity of the Sushant Golf City police station. The event caused motorists to get alarmed and brought the traffic to a complete stop.
7 Things To Know About The Accident
- The police identified the deceased as Preeti Jaggi (38) and her daughter Angel, residents of Lucknow’s Indra Nagar area. The driver, 28-year-old Sartaj, is undergoing treatment at a hospital and doctors said he was critical.
- According to the police, the fire department's first advanced rescue crew arrived at the scene at 5 p.m. and immediately got to work. Shivdarash, a fire station officer in Gomtinagar, who oversaw the rescue effort, stated that they employed a combi tool for the first time in the city, which enabled them to free the trapped people from the wrecked car in only 20 minutes.
- After being saved, the driver, Sartaj, reportedly informed the police that he was going to drop Preeti and Angel off at Indra Nagar after visiting two malls. Preeti requested him to get her juice from a cart outside Ekana Stadium while they were heading home.
- Sartaj left the car parked and got juice. They were drinking juice inside the SUV when strong gusts began to blow. "When I sensed danger, I tried to start the car, but the hoarding had already fallen," said Sartaj.
- The injured were taken to a hospital, where doctors declared two of them dead on arrival.
- Shweta Srivastava, a bystander, saw that the hoarding's iron bars were rusty and the pole's foundation was flimsy. “The entire collection was uprooted from its base," she said.
- An FIR has been filed against the administration of Ekana Stadium by Lucknow police. Shashank Singh, Additional DCP, South Zone, stated that a complaint was filed against the Ekana administration under the charges of IPC 304 a (causing death by carelessness) and IPC 338 (causing severe pain by conduct endangering the life or personal safety of others). He stated that the FIR was filed in response to the driver's brother Mubeen's allegation.
Image Credit- Times Of India
Suggested Reading: Who Was Suchandra Dasgupta? Bengali TV Actor Dies In Road Accident