At 36 years, Indian origin Amrapali Gan has been appointed as Chief Executive Officer (CEO) of OnlyFans. She will be assuming the office after Tim Stokley decided to step down from the position to pursue personal endeavours.
OnlyFans was launched in 2016. However, it came to light mainly during the pandemic as an adult content host where many creators shifted to monetize their content. The company is based in London.
Amrapali Gan: 10 Things To Know About Her:
1. Amrapali Gan has been promoted and appointed as CEO by OnlyFans.
2. She was born in Mumbai, Maharashtra. However, she spent a major part of her life in California, USA.
3. She did Associate of Arts in Merchandise Marketing from FIDM. Later on, she did her Bachelor of Arts in Public Relations and Organisational Communications from California University.
4. She earned her Certificate of Entrepreneurship from Harvard Business School Online.
5. Amrapali Gan started her career in 2007 with a Market Leadership Program at PepsiCo. She has also worked with other corporate majors like Red Bull Media House, Lowell Herb, Cannabis Café (the first cannabis restaurant in the USA).
6. OnlyFans is a subscription-based social platform that allows the creator to monetize their shared content and gives them control of it all the time. The office is based primarily in London.
7. Before being promoted to the position of Chief Executive Officer, she served OnlyFans as Chief Marketing and Communications Officer since September 2020.
8. Amrapali Gan has not shared the details of her salary with the media or the followers yet.
9. Tim Stokley, announced his departure from the company’s leadership positions through his Instagram post – “In 2016, I launched the platform OnlyFans.com. Working from my brother’s kitchen table, it would have been impossible to dream of what we achieved. I’d like to thank all of my colleagues, but the most important thank you is to all of the content creators… you made OnlyFans what it is today.” He also congratulated his successor Gan and informed them about her passion for the company.
10. Not an avid social media user, Gan took to her Instagram profile, where she posted a picture of a bunch of flowers and thanked everyone for their support.