Lakshmi is a 17-year-old girl born without hands in Mayiladuthurai. Her parents abandoned her soon after birth. She was raised in an orphanage by the home authorities who took care of the girl and educated her from infancy. The girl has now cleared the higher secondary board examinations successfully.
More about Lakshmi
- The meritorious student studied at the Government Girls Higher Secondary school from class 1 onwards.
- She appeared for the plus two examinations held in May.
- One of her teachers assisted her to complete the exam.
- She scored 277 marks out of 600.
- She was 10 months old when she was abandoned by her parents.
Suggested Reading: Visually Impaired Girl Who Lost Both Her Parents Aces Class X Exams
- She is also a very talented painter. The authorities are thinking of teaching her art as a corresponding course. Though nothing has been finalised yet.
- Lakshmi aspires to be a teacher or college professor. She has studied history and economics and wants to pursue a degree in economics.
- In an interview, she also said that she is ready to look after her parents after she starts earning despite the fact that they abandoned her.
Other inspiring stories
Another girl whose success story will melt your heart is of Saniya Shaikh. She is the first member of her family to pass the SSC exams. She has scored a whopping 91.6%. What makes the feat of this Pune girl so special is the fact that she comes from a less privileged background. Her father works as a waste-picker while her mother is in the housekeeping department at the College of Engineering Pune and she struggled a lot to attend her online classes.
Sandhya, a 16-year-old orphan living in Mahadevanagar in Nanjangud, despite being visually impaired has cleared her SSLC exam by scoring 94.08% and aspires to become an IAS officer.
pic credits : TOI