Delhi Woman Strangled: In a shocking case, a Delhi woman was allegedly strangled to death by her husband at their home because she was unable to bear a child. Her husband reportedly strangled her with a cloth, said the police on Tuesday. The father of the woman first approached the police about her death, after the husband tried to cover it up as an accident.
The deceased woman was identified as Megha Arya and her husband, the accused, Jasveer Arya. He was arrested on Tuesday.
Here are 9 things to know about the case :
- Megha Arya was allegedly strangled to death by her husband Jasveer Arya last week, at their home in Delhi. The post-mortem report showed that she was strangled by a cloth.
- Jasveer Arya was reportedly upset with the fact that his wife was unable to bear a child.
- He reportedly changed his statements to police several times, but later confessed to killing her.
- According to police officials, Jasveer told them that he was bothered by his wife’s ‘tantrums.’
- According to the accused, his wife was suffering from epilepsy and was unable to bear children, said the police.
- He alleged that the wife, Megha, would give his hard-earned money to her parents without asking him and that his in-laws would interfere a lot, in their lives.
- According to an NDTV report, the two had had a fight that day. The woman had gone to sleep and had locked the room from inside. Jasveer Arya allegedly broke into the room and attacked her as she was sleeping, and allegedly killed her.
- According to the police, the man had also written up a fake suicide note, on behalf of his wife. He later burnt the letter fearing that the difference in handwriting would be detected. The forensic team also found traces of the burnt letter.
- The woman’s father stated that Jasveer had said she had died on falling from the bed. The father sought police investigation on seeing the injuries on her face. The autopsy confirmed that she had died from strangulation.
Suggested Reading :