Bhushan Kumar Rape Case: A 30-year-old woman has allegedly accused T-Series Managing Director Bhushan Kumar of rape, as per a report. She even registered a First Information Report (FIR) against the film producer on Friday at DN Nagar police station in Mumbai.
Here are 10 things you should know about Bhushan Kumar rape case.
1. The 30-year-old complainant has claimed that Bhushan Kumar had allegedly raped her on pretext of a job in the producer’s company.
2. He reportedly tortured the woman from 2017 to August 2020.
3. She also alleged that he raped her at three different places. He threatened her of dire consequences if she dared to tell anyone about what happened.
4. She has registered a First Information Report (FIR) against him at DN Nagar police station in Mumbai.
5. Kumar’s response to the allegations is awaited.
6. According to a police official, Divya Kumar Khosla’s husband has been booked under IPC sections 376 (rape), 420 (cheating), 506 (criminal intimidation)
7. The police official also said that the woman felt cheated by him and so she decided to seek help from police.
8. This is not the first time that he is being accused of rape. In 2018 when the #Metoo movement was gaining momentum, an anonymous Twitter user had accused him of sexual harassment.
9. In the tweet, she mentioned that her refusal to sleep with the boss cost her the film she was looking forward to work in.
10. Bhushan Kumar is renowened businessman Late Gulshan Kumar’s son. He owns music company T-series and has also produced various movies like Haseen Dilruba (2021), Ludo (2020), Saina (2020), Kabir Singh (2019), Satyameva Jayate (2018), Aashiqui 2 (2013), Bhool Bhulaiyaa (2007), among others.
FIR Against Film Producer Bhushan Kumar In Rape Case
Me Too, Time’s Up, National Women’s Law Center launch “We, As Ourselves” Campaign
Chup Raho Ladki Ho: Why Is Silence Made Synonymous With Womanhood?