These 25 Powerful Quotes about Motherhood Are An Inspiration for All
This mother’s day we have handpicked some of the most powerful and inspirational quotes on being mom. Yeah, badass moms, juggling their lives to give their children the best they can. She is your guide, coach, cheerleader, ‘kissy monster’ (even when you’re sick and dirty af), friend and a confidant.
A mother is not precious because she reproduced you and let you out. She is precious because she sees you as a part of herself. Your life is a part of your mother. And that’s the beauty of motherhood we must celebrate.
This Mothers’ day, besides giving her a gift and taking her for a meal, let her know how precious she is. Express your gratitude for her boundless, endless, seamless, selfless and unconditional love. Enough said. Here are 25 beautiful quotes to remind you how beautiful motherhood is and how important is your mother in your life.
- “Having children just put the whole world into perspective. Everything else just disappears.” – Kate Winslet
- “[Motherhood is] the biggest gamble in the world. It is the glorious life force. It’s huge and scary—it’s an act of infinite optimism.” -Gilda Radner
- “I believe the choice to become a mother is the choice to become one of the greatest spiritual teachers there is.” -Oprah Winfrey
- “The natural state of motherhood is unselfishness. When you become a mother, you are no longer the center of your own universe. You relinquish that position to your children.” -Jessica Lange
- “When you are a mother, you are never really alone in your thoughts. A mother always has to think twice, once for herself and once for her child.” -Sophia Loren.
- “Everybody wants to save the Earth; nobody wants to help Mom do the dishes.”—P.J. O’Rourke
- “Giving birth and being born brings us into the essence of creation, where the human spirit is courageous and bold and the body, a miracle of wisdom.” – Harriette Hartigan
- “Whether your pregnancy was meticulously planned, medically coaxed, or happened by surprise, one thing is certain—your life will never be the same.” – Catherine Jones
- “Rigid plans work best if you’re building a skyscraper; with something as mysteriously human as giving birth, it’s best, both literally and figuratively, to keep your knees bent.” – Mark Sloan
“We have a secret in our culture, and it’s not that birth is painful. It’s that women are strong.” – Laura Stavoe Harm
- “Grown don’t mean nothing to a mother. A child is a child. They get bigger, older, but grown. In my heart it don’t mean a thing.” – Toni Morrison
- The duty of motherhood, which the vast majority of woman will always undertake, requires the qualities which men need not possess – Mahatma Gandhi
- “Mothers and their children are in a category all their own. There’s no bond so strong in the entire world. No love so instantaneous and forgiving.”— Gail Tsukiyama
- “I have found being a mother has made me emotionally raw in many situations. Your heart is beating outside your body when you have a baby.” -Kate Beckinsale
- “I feel more beautiful than I’ve ever felt because I’ve given birth. I have never felt so connected, never felt like I had such a purpose on this earth.” -Beyonce
- “There is no way to be a perfect mother, and a million ways to be a good one.” -Jill Churchill
- “‘Oh, I’m just a mom,’ you heard women say. Just a mom? Please! Being a mom is everything. It’s mentorship, it’s inspirational, and it’s our hope for the future.” –Sally Field
- “Motherhood is tough. If you just want a wonderful little creature to love, you can get a puppy.” –Barbara Walters
- “A mother’s love for her child is like nothing else in the world. It knows no law, no pity, it dates all things and crushes down remorselessly all that stands in its path.”―Agatha Christie
- “Mothers, I believe, intoxicate us. We idolize them and take them for granted. We hate them and blame them and exalt them more thoroughly than anyone else in our lives. We sift through the evidence of their love, reassure ourselves of their affection and its biological genesis. We can steal and lie and leave and they will love us.” ―Megan Mayhew Bergman
“I will look after you and I will look after anybody you say needs to be looked after, any way you say. I am here. I brought my whole self to you. I am your mother.” ―Maya Angelou
- “Because even if the whole world was throwing rocks at you, if you had your mother at your back, you’d be okay. Some deep-rooted part of you would know you were loved. That you deserved to be loved.”―Jojo Moyes
- “For when a child is born the mother also is born again.”— Gilbert Parker
- “There is nothing in the world of art like the songs mother used to sing.”— Billy Sunday
- “The most important thing a father can do for his children is to love their mother.”— Theodore Hesburgh
Picture Credit: Mom by Manrepepller.com
Malvika Bansal is an intern with SheThePeople.Tv