2 Dalit Girls Dead in Unnao: Bodies of two minor Dalit girls were found in a field in Unnao, Uttar Pradesh on Wednesday.
The police have filed an FIR against unknown persons on charges of murder and attempt to hide the evidence. The villagers opposed burying the bodies until the police hands over the bodies to the family. The villagers and family members are also asking for a CBI probe of the case. The post-mortem results are awaited. The deceased minors were aged 13 and 16. One more minor girl was found at the site in a critical condition.
Here’s what we know of the case:
- The post-mortem is being conducted in the presence of Unnao sub-divisional magistrate Nankhu and the procedure will be carried out by four doctors, one of them is a female. The police officials have said that the procedure will be video-recorded.
- The police have said that the girls went out to their family field around noon and did not return after that. They were later found in a critical state and two of them were already dead before they reached the hospital.
- It is a suspected case of poisoning according to the police but further investigation will reveal the exact cause.
According to reports, the mother of one of the deceased said that the girls’ mouth was frothing while others said that their hands were died.
- ¬†The third minor who is 17-year-old is being treated at Kanpur Regency Hospital. The District Magistrate of Unnao has said that the entire cost of the girl’s treatment will be paid by the Uttar Pradesh Chief Minister’s Relief Fund.
- The villagers and family members have also demanded that the minor in the critical condition be shifted to AIIMS hospital in Delhi as she is also the only witness for the case. Actor Richa Chadha also joined the appeals and asked the authorities to “airlift” the minor girl to AIIMS in her tweet.
- According to reports, the local bodies had brought in an earth digger to dig graves for the victims were the villagers stood in protest.