Actor Nusrat Jahan baby boy: Actor-politician Nusrat Jahan has given birth to a baby on Thursday. Jahan was reportedly admitted to the hospital in Park Street in Kolkata on Wednesday evening and delivered a healthy child around 12.20 pm, a source at the hospital said.
Both the mother and the baby are doing fine, informed actor Yash Dasgupta. Sources also said that they both are under the watchful eye of the doctors.
Nusrat Jahan baby boy: Here are five things to know about Nusrat Jahan and her baby boy:
1. The baby was born via C-section. Dasgupta was present at the Bhagirathi Neotia Hospital in Kolkata when Jahan was taken there on Wednesday night. He told the media that the actor and the child are healthy and doing well. More here.
2. Jahan shared pictures of her baby bump and photos of a pregnancy-themed cake on social media in June.
3. The actor revealed that her marriage with now estranged husband Nikhil Jain is not legal in India. Jahan and businessman Jain had a destination wedding at Bodrum in Turkey in 2019. Amid the controversy the Trinamool Congress leader, in a long statement, claimed since the two got married in Turkey their marriage was according to Turkish Law and is not valid in India. Meanwhile, Jain had claimed that the actor had avoided his requests to register the marriage. It was an interfaith marriage. More here.
4. Jahan has been linked to the co-actor of SOS Kolkata Yash Dasgupta.
5. Jain had also revealed that he is separated from Jahan since November 2020 and also revealed he has filed for an annulment in Kolkata.
Actor-politician Nusrat Jahan is no stranger to controversies she has often found herself at the receiving end of threats on social media. Last year she reportedly received death threats for dressing up as Goddess Durga.
Feature Image Credit: Nusrat Jahan/Facebook