Who is Gaurav Khanna? Anupamaa, the popular daily soap, has introduced a new character, named Anuj Kapadia, Anupamaa’s college friend.
The role is set to be played by Gaurav Khanna. Anuj Kapadia is a rich businessman, who is reportedly going to buy Anupamaa and Vanraj’s property. Anupamaa, the lead character, is a Gujarati homemaker. Her husband Vanraj is secretly having an affair.
Here are 10 things to know about the actor-
- Gaurav Khanna is best known for his role in Yeh Pyar Na Hoga Kam as Abeer Bajpayee opposite Yami Gautam in 2009. He also starred in shows like Chandragupta Maurya, Laal Ishq, Chandra Nandini, among others.
- He has bagged the role of Anuj Kapadia amidst rumours of the role being offered to Ronit Roy, Ram Kapoor, Varun Badola etc.
- Khanna was born on 11 December 1981 and is 39 years of age. He hails from Kanpur, Uttar Pradesh.
- Before acting, Khanna worked as a marketing manager for an IT firm for about a year before he decided to pursue a career in acting.
- Khanna married TV Actress Akanksha Chamola in 2016.
- He started his acting career by appearing in television commercials.
- He made his TV Debut in 2002, in the show Bhabhi, where he played the role of Bhuvan Sareen. His next notable role was in Kumkum – Ek Pyara Sa Bandhan as Sharman Wadhwa. Khanna's first lead role was in Meri Doli Tere Angana in 2007.
- He was also seen in episode 1060 of the popular show, CID, as Senior Inspector Kavin.
- Khanna was also a contestant in the 2008 dance competition show Jalwa Four 2 Ka, and he made a special appearance on the 2008 show Dancing Queen. He was the host of the show Nachle Ve with Saroj Khan in Season 3.
- Anupamaa is a popular drama series which airs on Star Plus. It has Rupali Ganguly playing the namesake character.