Actor Rupali Ganguly, known for her role as Anupamaa in the popular television serial of the same name, tested positive for COVID-19 on Friday.
While updating her friends and followers about it, Ganguly urged them to stay safe. She tagged her husband, Ashwin Verma and said, “sorry for letting u and Rudransh (their son) down.”
The serial’s producer Rajan Shahi also tweeted about it and informed that Ganguly is asymptomatic and doing well. ” I wish Rupali a speedy recovery,” he mentioned in his tweet. He added that the Bombay Municipal Corporation (BMC) has been informed and that they are fumigating and sterilising the set for safety protocol.
The serial Anupamaa on Star Plus and Hotstar is garnering much love from the audience. The popularity of the show can be assessed by its top spot on TRP charts. The serial has actor Rupali Ganguly in the lead.
The story revolves around Ganguly, where she is being shown as a less educated woman who gave 25 years of her life to her family and still is not able to get her share of love and support. The plot captures the trajectory of Anupamaa(Rupali Ganguly) from a suppressed woman to an empowered woman.
8 Things To Know About Rupali Ganguly
- Rupali Ganguly, a native of Kolkata, is the daughter of director Anil Ganguly.
- Ganguly was also a part of Kahaani Ghar Ghar Ki on Star Plus but left the show. In an interview, she said, “My character wasn’t going anywhere. I just had to keep running away with the little kid.” She added, “I do not believe in generation leaps. Sakshi Tanwar (Parvati) played my mother but looked more glamorous than I did. All of it didn’t make any sense at all.”
- Moreover, Ganguly was a contestant in the reality show Bigg Boss in 2006. It was the first season of the now popular reality show and was hosted by Bollywood actor Arshad Warsi.
- Ganguly shot to fame with her role in the famous Indian sitcom Sarabhai vs Sarabhai where she played the role of Monisha Sarabhai.
- Peeling out her tough side, she also participated in Fear Factor: Khatron Ke Khiladi 2 in 2009.
- The Sanjivani actor Ganguly got married to Ashwin K Verma in the year 2013.
- After her stint in the serial Parvarrish, she took a sabbatical from being the lead face to embrace motherhood. Ganguly is the mother of a 7-year-old son, Rudransh Verma.
- With Anupamaa Ganguly returned to the television, and is garnering appreciations for her acting as a Gujarati-woman from the show-watchers.