Model actor Urvashi Rautela has broken her silence rumoured relationship with cricketer Rishabh Pant, perhaps putting an end to round the long controversy. The two recently got into a war of words on social media which took the internet by storm.
Addressing her social media war with Rishabh, Urvashi told Instant Bollywood, “I have nothing to say about it. But I feel everything should be positive and happy. You should always keep the environment positive. I’m a very positive person. So we should not talk anything negative about anyone.”
When she was asked if Rishabh was her boyfriend, the actress smiled and said, “No comments.” In another video, Urvashi apologised to Rishabh. During the conversation, the interviewer asked her if she wanted to convey any message to the cricketer. The actress said, “Seedhi baat, no bakwaas. That’s why I am not doing any bakwaas.” In the end, the Miss Universe India winner folds her hands and says, “I am sorry.”
Urvashi Rautela Rishabh Pant controversy
- In a new development to the apology video, Rautela clarified that the sorry was meant for her fans and not Pant. “These days official news articles & so called meme pages (worst marketers) are more scripted than movies or a [TV] show[!] That sorry was for my fans & loved ones that I had nothing to say…” Rautela wrote in an Instagram story.
- The controversy arose in 2018 after Rautela claimed in an interview that some “RP” from the Indian Premiere League team Delhi Capitals had waited almost 10 hours at a hotel lobby where the actress was staying.
- Talking about the incident in an interview to Bollywood Hungama, Rautela said that after a tiring day of shooting in Delhi, she came back to her hotel room and slept off. Meanwhile RP was waiting in the lobby to meet her and spent 10 to 12 hours there. Rautela added, “When I woke up I saw 16-17 missed calls and then I felt so bad that someone was waiting for me and I told him to meet me in Mumbai.”
- Rautela then says when the two finally met in Mumbai, they were surrounded by paparazzi and it became a ‘big news’. When the journalist slyly asked her who this RP is, Rautela shushed him down saying that she wouldn’t reveal his identity.
- Pant then took to his Instagram story (which he deleted after a few hours) and wrote, “It’s funny how people lie in interviews just for some meagre popularity and for hitting the headlines. Sad how some people are thirsty for fame and name. May God bless them”. He added hashtags – ‘Mera picha chhoro behen (Sister please leave me)’, and ‘Jhuth ki bhi limit hoti hai (Lying has a limit)’ at the end of the note.
- Rautela responded to Pant via social media and called him “Chotu bhaiyaa (younger brother)” and told the cricketer to “play bat ball”.
- The actor added that she wasn’t a naïve girl who would be defamed and wished him a happy Rakshabandhan.
- Rautela ended her message by describing him as a “cougar hunter” and asked him to not take advantage of a “silent girl”.
- Amid this controversy, Rautela visited the Dubai International Stadium to watch India’s Asia Cup opener against Pakistan in which Pant was sidelined. That incident also triggered a meme fest across the internet.