Rani Mukherji’s Mrs Chatterjee Vs Norway is based on a true story that occurred on an international level. Here is everything you need to know about the film:
Mrs. Chatterjee vs Norway is an Indian film based on the true story of an Indian mother’s battle against an entire country which comes under the Drama genre and is expected to release in May 2022. The film will be released with Production houses Zee Studios and Emmay Entertainment whose director is Ashima Chibber and the main lead will be played by Rani Mukherji.
- The story of Mrs. Chatterjee vs Norway revolves around Sagarika Bhattacharya and her struggles to bring back her children from Norwegian Child Welfare Services (CWS).
- It is based on a popular case from May 2011 where Anurup and Sagarika Bhattacharya, an Indian couple who were living in Norway with their children Abhigyan (3) , and Aishwarya (1).
- The children were forced into foster care by CWS, with rules that the parents can’t see their children till they turn 18.
- The reason stated by the parents was cultural differences like they used to feed their children which was marked as force feeding by Norway’s Child Protective Service.
- It was followed by custody battles with the intervention of the Indian Government.
- Sagarika Bhattacharya again came in spot light in March 2012 when her husband Anurup Bhattacharya tried to paint her as a mentally challenged patient.
- The Indian government then stopped interfering in the custody as the situation developed. Bhattacharya then managed alone to get back her children.
- Bhattacharya’s painful fight to get her children’s custody , and her journey throughout the fight against a country and their rules will be included in the film.
- The production house announced its release date in December 2021 with the post, ““With the odds against her, this mother must fight it all and more to be strong for her children! Inspired by a true story, #MrsChatterjeeVsNorway starring #RaniMukherji releases in theatres on Friday, May 20th 2022!”