Amidst the fear of Omicron, every single case of COVID-19 is being monitored closely. The number of reported COVID-19 infection in Mumbai are going up and Bollywood has yet again been struck by the virus. Friends and actors Kareena Kapoor Khan and Amrita Rao have both tested positive for the virus. However, both actors are doubly vaccinated. As per the latest news they had attended a party at Karan Johar’s residence last week. Karan Johar Party
Here is a look at all we know about who was present at the party and other updates:
- Kareena Kapoor Khan and Amrita Arora have both tested positive for Coronavirus. It is not clear whether the duo is infected with the Omicron variant or not. Speaking to ANI, the BMC said in a statement, “Actors Kareena Kapoor Khan and Amrita Arora tested positive for #COVID19. Both of them had violated Covid norms and attended several parties. BMC has ordered people, who came in contact with the two actors, to undergo an RT-PCR test.” Both Kapoor and Khan confirmed on Instagram that they have tested positive.
- Designer Seema Khan has also tested positive for COVID-19.
- Maheep Kapoor, actor Sanjay Kapoor’s wife, has also tested positive for COVID-19. Her husband confirmed. “Yes, she is Covid positive with mild symptoms and she has self-isolated.”
- Seema Khan and Maheep Kapoor were seen together in the show The Fabulous Lives Of Bollywood Wives.
- Maheep Kapoor, Seema Khan, Kareena Kapoor and Amrita Arora were reported to be at a party at director-producer Karan Johar’s residence. Others who were reportedly present at the gathering are actors Karisma Kapoor, Malaika Arora and designer Masaba Gupta.
- Karan Johar has tested negative. BMC has sanitised Johar’s building and tests have been ordered for all those who attended his party.
- The BMC earlier also sanitized and sealed the buildings of Kareena Kapoor Khan and Amrita Rao following the safety precautions laid down by the state government.
- Last Kapoor Khan and Rao reportedly also attended an all-girls night party at Rhea Kapoor’s home.
We request you to support our award-winning journalism by making a financial contribution towards our efforts. Your funds will ensure we can continue to bring you amazing stories of women, and the impact they are making and spotlight half the country's population because they deserve it.