Kangana Ranaut National Awards: The 67th National Film Awards saw Kangana Ranaut pick the Best Actress title for two films, Manikarnika: The Queen of Jhansi and Panga. This win adds to her existing tally of three national awards she has previously secured.
Reacting to her win, Ranaut took to social media to thank her teams on both films, expressing gratitude for the direction, editing, music teams and other crew. “Thank you for making this film [Manikarnika] successful. Please share this award with me… A film is of so many people,” she said.
See video below:
— Kangana Ranaut (@KanganaTeam) March 22, 2021
Manikarnika, released in 2019, saw Ranaut assume the role of legendary freedom fighter Rani Lakshmibai in the 17th century, as she tries to take down British colonisers. While the film received positive to mixed reviews, it notably earned the highest initial day collection for any female-oriented film. It was co-directed by Ranaut herself.
In Panga, released 2020, Ranaut played a Kabaddi champion faced with pressures of family, society and internal conflicts. It also starred Neena Gupta and Richa Chadha.
Kangana Ranaut National Awards: Films She Has Won For
- Best Supporting Actress: Fashion (2008)
- Best Actress: Queen (2014)
- Best Actress: Tanu Weds Manu Returns (2015)
- Best Actress: Manikarnika: The Queen Of Jhansi (2019)
- Best Actress: Panga (2020)
Other Notable Wins This Year:
- Best Hindi Film: Chhichhore
- Best Direction: Sudhanshu Saria (Knock Knock Knock)
- Best Editing: Jersey (Telugu)
- Best Supporting Actor: Vijaya Sethupathi (Super Deluxe)