Is Love Enough? Sir: Five Things To Know About Tillotama Shome Starrer Releasing On Netflix
After making waves at Cannes Film Festival and theatrical releases around the globe, Rohena Gera directed film Is Love Enough? Sir is all set to release on Netflix. The critically acclaimed film stars Tillotama Shome and Vivek Gomber as main leads. The has been produced by Brice Poisson and Rohena Gera herself. While sharing the news of Netflix release, Gera said that Sir is a completely independent film and wrote, “ SIR is a completely independent film that found its way into hearts & minds around the world thanks to the hard work, love & support of SO many”
You think you are liberal…but yet… you live in a world that can't imagine two people falling in love across class. @tillotamashome talks with @shailichopra on how the film Sir is raising important questions through a love story. pic.twitter.com/EruDCLBzI7
— SheThePeople (@SheThePeople) January 13, 2021
Here are five things to know about the film:
- Sir narrates a love story between a domestic house help Ratan and her employer Ashwin. By establishing a romantic relationship between the two, the film comments on the complicated caste system in India.
- The film has already been released in over 25 countries including Belgium, Germany, Switzerland, France, Hungary and Netherlands. According to a report, the film was shot in just 31 days in an apartment in Mumbai and is being distributed in India by Platoon One Films
- The film after its screening at the Cannes Festival won the Gan Foundation Critics Week Award in 2019.
- The film also won the best film award at New York Film Festival and the female lead, Tillotama Shome was bestowed with Best Actress award at the same event.
- It also won audience awards at the France and Festival World Cinema Amsterdam and the Birmingham India Film Festival.
SIR is a completely independent film that found its way into hearts & minds around the world thanks to the hard work, love & support of SO many. 💖
Now it is about to reach your home! Watch or rewatch: On NETFLIX, from Saturday!
Do set your reminder & remind friends!! pic.twitter.com/fOJDr2d2lu
— Rohena Gera (@RohenaGera) January 7, 2021
Sir is the first feature film directed by Rohena Gera, earlier she has worked as a screenwriter on popular TV show Jassi Jaisi Koi Nahi and has made a documentary named What’s Love Got To Do With It?.