As the second official trailer of the Disney movie Cruella releases, Emma Thompson And Emma Stone appear in the lead roles, warring each other.
After 101 Dalmatians and 102 Dalmatians, Cruella joins the series as a thriller movie, set in the context of power and mystery.
As the two powerful actors appear on screen together, here are 8 things you should know about the second trailer that took away our calm:
- The new trailer gives new limelight to the movie as it reportedly looks like a mean mix of The Devil Wears Prada and the reality show Runaway. It shows the journey of a girl named 'Cruella' from being a struggling designer to a devil villain, challenging Emma Thompson’s Baroness von Hellman.
- This trailer gives an ominous touch to the Craig Gillespie directed film. A part of the trailer shows the use of Doris Day’s “Perhaps Perhaps Perhaps” that adds to the thrill of the film.
- "This May the devil gets her due," the caption of the trailer said.
- The movie is set in 1970s London, showing Emma Stone's Estella trying to create a name for herself in the world of fashion. The friction between Stone and Thompson is created from the scene when Emma Thompson’s Baroness von Hellman spots her flaming attire.
- The film has been drawn in comparison with Todd Phillips's Joker. Stone said in the context of the comparison, "It’s very different from Joker in many ways… I would never even remotely compare myself to Joaquin Phoenix. I wish I was more like him."
- The character of Cruella was previously played by Glenn Close for the film 101 Dalmatians in the year 1996. The film was a massive hit and was followed by the sequel, 102 Dalmatians. The second trailer shows the dalmatians in this film as well, but the story seems to have taken different turns from what we have seen before.
- Cruella is produced by the companies of Walt Disney Pictures, Gunn Films, and Marc Platt Productions. It is adapted from 1996 hit 101 Dalmations.
- The film is scheduled to be released on May 28.
Watch the full trailer here: