Ayushmann Tahira love story: Bollywood actor Ayushmann Khurana and writer-director Tahira Kashyap tied the marital knot on 1 November in 2008. Ayushmann is celebrating his birthday today. Wife Tahira took to Instagram and wished hime. She wrote, “Soulmate. Always by your side. Happy birthday to the best human being I know. My personal sunshine! You inspire me in so many ways. Kamaal insaan ho.” To which the actor responded, ” you’re the best human.”
Wondering how did the duo come together? Here’s everything you want to know about their love story.
- Ayushmann and Tahira were in the same tuition in class 12th. They were a part of a batch of 60 students. They were living in Chandigarh at that time.
- Tahira, in an interview, had said that both of them were very slow and shy at that time. In fact, Tahira mistook Ayushmann to be Abhishek at that time.
- Both of them seemed interested in each other but hesitated to make the first move. Tahira and her friend had a crush on Ayushmann at that time.
- Ayushmann Khurrana in an interview said that he was on cloud nine when he got to know that Tahira had a crush on him because he had always thought that there were so many good looking boys in the class and he didn’t consider himself to be close to them.
- In fact, they met once again and it was through their parents. Tahira Kashyap in a column revealed, “One day, my dad told me and my mom that we had to go to his friends place for dinner. He told us that this friend was an astrologer so I quickly called over my friend and told her all about the dinner. We planned that both of us would meet papa’s astrologer friend and ask him about how we would fare in our competitive entrance exams. When we arrived at the dinner guess who we found there? None other than Ayushmann, who happened to be my father’s friend’s son. Till date, we blame (or credit) our parents for bringing us together.”
- They ended up spending the night together and that’s how they got really close. In an interview, she said that she was very impressed with his charm, wit and the songs he sang.
- This friendship soon turned into a relationship soon. “It all started 20 years back, in 2001 at 1:48 am.” Tahira revealed in an Instagram post. She also said that she confessed her feelings over a landline phone and the song – Inside Out was playing on the stereo.
- Both of them pursued a master’s degree in Mass Communication but from different colleges and represented their respective colleges by participating in various debate and dramatics competitions.
- After college over, they wanted to marry but were not sure of their careers. Ayushmann wanted to become an actor. When he disclosed this to his lady love, she lost all her hopes of marrying him because she knew that her parents won’t be comfortable with the idea of Tahira marrying a boy struggling to make it big in Bollywood.
- They finally married in 2008. Before that, Ayushmann proposed to Tahira formally by organising a romantic candlelight dinner. “He did it like a gentleman with a ring, music playing in the background, red roses, wine and a romantic candlelight dinner.”, she said.
- In an interview with Mid-Day, Ayushmann Khurrana had said that Tahira was far more successful than him. He didn’t have any money when he got married to her. She, on the other hand, was a professor, had her PR firm in Chandigarh and was also the programming head of a radio station in Punjab.
- Tahira, however, married him because she loved her and had immense faith in his talent. Khurrana says that there was never any ego between them. “Most men in India aren’t secure enough to be comfortable with such an arrangement. It comes with the family” he said.
- The first few years of their marriage were not so smooth. Things, however, changed for better when Ayushmann rose to fame with his debut film Vicky Donor. Tahira shifted to Mumbai after that.
- Both have been doing really well professionally since then. They have two kids – one son and a daughter. Virajveer is the elder one. Varushka, on the other hand, is seven years old.