Nancy Jewel McDonie, a South Korean pop star, enjoys massive global popularity because of her musical talent and the charms of her personality. She is one of the band members of the famous K-pop girl band named Momoland and that is how she identifies herself.
Recently, she was subjected to the downside of being a famous personality when someones illegally manipulated her pictures and circulated it online. MLD Entertainment who manages the Momoland band released an official statement in which they said that the accused person who first circulated the inappropriate images and the ones who shared it further will be met with strict legal action. They also expressed how Nancy has suffered online harassment as a result of those pictures.
Here’s more to know about the pop star Nancy:
- Nancy Jewel McDonie’s Korean named is Lee Geu-roo and she was born on April 13, 2000, in Daegu, South Kore.
- She spent the early part of her life Ohio as she was born to a Korean-American mother and an American-Irish father. She has often talked about being part of two different cultures and how she takes pride in that.
- When she was a teenager, she shifted to South Korea to pursue her dream of becoming a performer in Hanlim Multi Arts High School. Even before she graduated from school, she has started her pop star journey.
- She auditioned for Korea’s Got Talent with her then group named ‘Cutie Pies’ in 2011. The hip hop group was able to make it to the semi-finals of the show.
- During those days, she was also getting parts to play in music videos such as Stand By Me (SNUPER) and Dangerous. Apart from music, she was also doing television shows named The Unlimited, Mak Ee Rae Show: Just Do It Expedition.
- In 2016, Nancy participated in a reality survival show named Finding Momoland where she met the other girls of her now girl band Momoland. In the same year, the band released its debut album named Welcome To Momoland.
- Today, Nancy is the lead vocalist, lead dancer and centre singer while being the youngest member of the band Momoland.
- Over the years she has been featured in television shows as the girl band member and in her individual capacities. She also did a K-drama named Some light in 2017.
- In 2021, she going to star in a Filipino miniseries named The Soulmate Project in which she will play the lead role of a girl named Binna.