Amidst all the scare surrounding the deadly COVID-19, there are a few brave hearts who aren’t shying away from risking their own lives in order to save others. One such courageous person is Iranian Doctor Shirin Rouhani who succumbed to the virus while treating her patients. She is a real inspiration, someone who tells us how selfless it is to be a doctor who spares no moment to cure and help others in times of pandemic.
Here are some important things to know about her
- Dr. Shirin Rouhani was a physician and general practitioner of Shohada Hospital in Iran.
- She continued to treat patients infected with Coronavirus despite suffering from it herself.
- She herself was on IV while treating patients
- A lot of people took to social media to remember the braveheart and express their gratitude for saving so many lives
Also: Harvey Weinstein Reportedly Tests Positive For Coronavirus
Hats off to Iranian Doctor Shirin Rouhani who passed away due to Coronavirus. Due to lack of medical staff , she kept treating Cornaviris Patients till her last breath. Look closely , she herself is on the IV while treating patients. U would be remembered Shirin ! Rest in peace pic.twitter.com/Hn5C6HN8XZ
— Zafar Abbas (@zafarabbaszaidi) March 19, 2020
Coronavirus in Iran
- In the last 24 hours, a total of 129 people in Iran have died of coronavirus. The death toll is now 1685.
- According to Iranian state TV, Health Ministry Spokesperson Kianoush Jahanpour said 1,028 new virus cases were found. The number of active cases now is 21,638 in Iran.
- The virus emerged in Wuhan, China last December and has spread to at least 170 countries and regions around the globe. 308,000 is the total number of cases across the world.
- “Defenders of health will be treated like defenders of our borders,” said Saeed Namaki, Iran’s health minister, hailing the doctors who died of coronavirus as ‘martyrs’. President Hassan Rouhani said this week that “we bow to doctors and nurses”, as reported by Financial Times
Dr. Shirin Rouhani was a physician and general practitioner of Shohada Hospital in Iran.
- According to the health ministry in Iran, every ten minutes a person has passed away because of the virus. On the other hand, at least 50 people are being infected with the COVID-19 every hour.
- The officials have launched an urgent call for more medical supplies and equipment.
Gratitude towards health care professionals
Citizens across the world on Sunday applauded for health care professionals working day and night to treat patients.
Besides health care professionals, there are some citizens striving to provide comfort to those suffering due to the lockdown imposed. One such woman is Mahita Nagaraj who has started Caremonger India. It is a group to provide support to those who are unable to care for themselves in times of COVID 19 breakout. These caregivers are young volunteers and mostly people who are seeking help are either old or have special needs. Mahita Nagaraj who is a digital marketing professional from Shantinagar, goes out to organise, seek volunteers to get medicines and other essentials for senior citizens.
She told SheThePeople.TV that in 48 hours of setting up their Facebook group, their members went from zero to 2000 and within 24 hours of setting up their phone helpline, they have got 400 calls.
We need to thank all those people are who are putting people and nation first. When crisis hits, these samaritans save the day.