Who is Vini Raman: Australian cricketer Glenn Maxwell took to Instagram on the weekend to share a sweet note for his ladylove Vini Raman, which has got audiences swooning at their picture-perfect romance. The couple, engaged to be married a year ago, is all hearts as they “can’t wait to get old and lazy” together.
“You’re actually not that bad 😘 @gmaxi_32 love you xxx,” Raman wrote responding to the all-smiles picture that shows her flashing her diamond-studded finger.
Maxwell’s picture even earned a retort from cricketing colleague New Zealand’s Jimmy Neesham, whose reply fans can’t seem to be getting enough of. He joked, “You’re not old and lazy yet?”
See the post below:
While much is known about Maxwell, who is a household name given his career and stints in various teams on the Indian Premier League (IPL), Raman’s accomplishments merit recognition of their own.
Here’s all you need to know about who is Vini Raman:
1. Vini Raman is an Indian-origin pharmacist based in Melbourne, Australia where she runs her medical practice. She was born and brought up there in a South Indian household, as one of two daughters. Her sister Madhu Raman is in the health sector too, working as a nurse in Melbourne.
2. Raman is active on social media, often sharing snaps from her travels, shoots, sometimes a cricket stadium, and with her beau Maxwell.
3. The couple had been together for some years before getting engaged to be married in 2020. Sharing pictures from the occasion, where both families donned traditional Indian wear, Raman wrote in March last year, “Last night we celebrated our Indian engagement and I gave @gmaxi_32 a little teaser of what the wedding will be like 🥰”
4. Raman is known for speaking her mind on Instagram, where she once hit back at a troll who raised questions over her choice of a “white boy.” In reply she wrote, “Loving a white person doesn’t mean I’m embarrassed to be an Indian. Loving a white person is my choice and I shouldn’t have to worry about what others will think.” Maxwell amplified her response too.
5. Marking the one-year anniversary of their engagement on February 21, Raman shared a picture of herself in traditional Indian attire and Maxwell, writing, “O•N•E year being your fiancé 🥰💍”